Human Fc is the ~230 amino acid tail region of an immunoglobulin G (IgG) that interacts with cell surface receptors called Fc receptors and some proteins of the complement system. It is the basis of prolonged pharmacokinetics of antibodies and is commonly used as a fusion to extend the half-life of fusion proteins.
This assay employs the quantitative sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique. The user-provided 96-well plates are coated with the capturing antibody provided, The samples and standards are applied to the wells. The detecting antibody is used to detect the signal from the human Fc in the samples. More details are provided in the protocol booklet.
Key components included in the kit:
1. Capturing antibody - polyclonal antibody specific for hFc
2. Detecting antibody - HRP-conjugated polyclonal antibody against hFc
3. Human Fc protein standard - 10,000 ng/mL
The following reagents are NOT included in the kit and must be provided by the end users:
1. 96-well or 384-well ELISA plates
2. Assay Diluent (PBS + 1% BSA)
3. Wash buffer (PBS + 0.01% Tween-20)
4. HRP substrate (TMB)
5. Stop solution (0.5N HCl)
6. Absorbance microplate reader (we recommend BMG LABTECH microplate readers)
ELISA assay reactivity is sensitive to variations in operator, pipetting and washing techniques, incubation time, temperature, composition of reagents, and other experimental variables. Assay optimization may be required to generate the standard curve and fit the samples in the specified detection range.
**For Research Use Only (RUO). Not for diagnostic or therapeutic use in humans or animals. Not for animal or human consumption